Skip to main content

Pictures Categories

Show more

Petitions filed in Pak courts against Shoaib

Two petitions were filed in Pakistani courts on Monday against cricketer Shoaib Malik for violating government rules on holding receptions and for the alleged sale of invitation cards for an event to celebrate his wedding with Indian tennis star Sania Mirza.

In a petition filed in the Lahore High Court, a man named Hasan Sheraz alleged that Shoaib had violated a ban on serving more than one dish at marriage functions and the government's order for such functions to be concluded by 10 pm.

Sheraz further alleged that a ban on the use of decorative lights at wedding functions had been violated during a reception hosted for Shoaib and Sania in the cricketer's hometown of Sialkot last night.

"Cricketer Shoaib Malik has committed both violations. The reception in honour of couple at Sialkot Hockey stadium continued till midnight and decorative lights were used in abundance," Sheraz contended.

He asked the court to penalise Shoaib for flouting the government's orders.

In a separate petition filed in a sessions court in Lahore, a man named Safdar Ali alleged he was barred from attending the reception in honour of Shoaib and Sania even though he had bought an invitation card for Rs 15,000 (about $200) from a person who claimed to be a relative of the cricketer.

"Despite having the card, the security stopped me from attending the ceremony," he said.

The courts are expected to take up the petitions on Tuesday.

The government of Punjab province last year imposed a bar on serving more than one dish at wedding functions as part of a series of austerity measures.

The federal government recently imposed strict restrictions of the use of electricity as the country is grappling with a crippling energy shortage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Exclusive pictures of Hiba Bukhari

Old but Bold Ayesha Gul

Kubra Khan Red-hot Photoshoot

The most Naughty Style of Kiran Tabeer

Neelum the Hot

Gorgeous Kiran Tabeer

Latest Bold Pictures and Photoshoot of Ghana Ali

Uninvited guests throng Shoaib-Sania reception in Sialkot

Uninvited guests and security mismanagement marred Sania Mirza and Shoaib Malik's reception in Sialkot, forcing the hassled newly-weds to leave the function before it was over. The reception was hosted by Malik and turned out to be a headache for his family since many uninvited guests showed up to take part in the celebrations at the Sialkot hockey ground. Added to this heavy security arrangements by the Punjab Police and the insistence of the local administration on enforcing the energy conversation measures also led to the problems during the function. A private channel 'Duniya' reported that tennis star Sania's family, which had arrived from India for the celebrations, left for Lahore early as they were upset at the mismanagement at the function. Eyewitnesses at the function said Shoaib and Sania, who were sitting on the stage and greeting the guests, also left before the function ended. "There is no reason known why they left but apparently there were prob...

Hot Pictures of Ayeza Khan

 

Sania says knows the truth

Her prospective groom is facing allegations of marrying and dumping a woman, but Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza backed Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik on the matter, saying that she and her family have known the truth all along. Although she did not mention Shoaib directly, Sania's latest twitter feed clearly supported her husband-to-be, who has been ac cused of cheating a Hyderabadi girl Ayesha Siddiqui after a telephonic nikah. "Me and my family know what the truth is, we've known it all along and we have confidence in god's justice," Sania said. The 24-year-old has been flayed by the Shiv Sena and some other right wing parties for deciding to marry the Pakistani all-rounder. Getting ready for the "biggest day" of her life, Sania said she never thought she would have to deal with so many things apart from the regular pre-wedding jitters.